|"Wish Someone Would Care"|
|Season 1, Episode 9|
|Air date||June 13, 2010|
|US viewers||1.16 million|
|Written by|| David Simon &|
George Pelecanos (story)
George Pelecanos (teleplay)
|Directed by||Dan Attias|
| ← previous|
"All On a Mardi Gras Day"
| next →|
"I'll Fly Away"
Annie and Sonny break up for good. Janette's next outdoor event is ruined by rain and she dejectedly decides to move to New York. LaDonna tries to raise money to repair her family crypt. Davis throws a release party for his record. Creighton Bernette kills himself.
Annie tells Sonny that she wishes to perform with other musicians and criticizes his behavior, leading Sonny to break up with her. Annie makes temporary living arrangements with a friend. Sonny later calls and asks to meet over coffee. As Albert prepares for Saint Joseph's Day, he is warned by the police not to incite any violence. He finds that increased security has been placed on the Calliope projects. Janette organizes a big event at Bacchanal and pays musicins to perform while she provides food. The event is rained out, and Janette returns home to find her ceiling leaking. Toni wants an independent autopsy for Daymo, but LaDonna refuses to consider one. After learning that LaDonna’s family crypt needs repairs, Antoine offers money to help with the payment, which she accepts. She clarifies that their sexual encounter during Mardi Gras will not lead anywhere. LaDonna is later forced to ask her husband for money. Davis throws a release party for his record, and invites Annie. While she is unable to attend, he tells her that she is welcome anytime. After spending the night with Davis, a defeated Janette announces her plans to move to New York. Creighton assigns The Awakening to his class, and speaks of endings and transitions. With a much cheerier disposition, he compliments his wife and daughter, generously tips Annie as she performs, and throws himself from the stern of a ferry.
- Khandi Alexander as LaDonna Batiste-Williams
- Rob Brown as Delmond Lambreaux
- Kim Dickens as Janette Desautel
- India Ennenga as Sofia Bernette
- Michiel Huisman as Sonny
- Melissa Leo as Antoinette Bernette
- Lucia Micarelli as Annie
- Clarke Peters as Albert Lambreux
- Wendell Pierce as Antoine Batiste
- Steve Zahn as Davis McAlary
- John Boutte - "The Treme Song": Main titles.
- Smiley Lewis - "I Hear You Knockin'": Davis McAlary's apartment.
- Smiley Lewis - "Someday You'll Want Me": Davis McAlary's apartment.
- Steve Zahn (Davis McAlary) - "Smoke That Fire": Davis McAlary's apartment.
- Mardi Gras Indians - "Hoo Na Nay": Poke's Tavern.
- Jon Cleary & band - "When You Get Back": Rehearsal space.
- Kermit Ruffins & The BBQ Swingers - "Hide The Reefer": Bullet's.
- Kermit Ruffins & The BBQ Swingers with Wendell Pierce (Antoine Batiste) - "Honeysuckle Rose": Bullet's.
- Li'l Wayne - "Fireman": Street outside strippers' apartment.
- Sonny Rollins - "Blue 7": Poke's Tavern
- Lucia Micarelli (Annie) & Jamie Waterson - "Dixie Flyer": Frenchman St.
- Steve Zahn (Davis McAlary) - "Traditional 12-bar blues": Davis McAlary's apartment.
- Jon Cleary & band - "More Hipper": Courtyard of Bacchanal.
- Kermit Ruffins & The BBQ Swingers with Wendell Pierce (Antoine Batiste) - "If You Want Me To Stay": Vaughn's
- Tara Brewer & McAlary Band - "I Wish Someone Would Care": Davis McAlary's apartment.
- Jon Cleary & band - "Big Chief": Courtyard of Bacchanal.
- Kermit Ruffins & The BBQ Swingers with Wendell Pierce (Antoine Batiste) - "Didn't He Ramble": Vaughn's.
- Kermit Ruffins & The BBQ Swingers with Wendell Pierce (Antoine Batiste) - "Skokiaan": Vaughn's.
- John Magnie - "Agent 00 Soul": Davis McAlary's apartment.
- Michiel Huisman (Sonny) - "I Like It Like That": Jackson Square.
- O.V. Wright - "I'd Rather Be Blind, Crippled & Crazy": Liuzza's.
- Natchez Calliope - "The Entertainer": Parking lot by river.
- Lucia Micarelli (Annie) & Jamie Waterson - "Jambalaya": Royal St.
- Hack Bartholomew - "Down By The Riverside": Cafe Du Monde.
- Lucia Micarelli (Annie) & Jamie Waterson - "Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans": Royal St.
- Natchez Calliope - "Ain't She Sweet": Creighton's SUV.
- The Subdudes - "All The Time In The World": End Credits.
- ↑ Gorman, Bill (June 15, 2010). Sunday Cable Ratings: True Blood, Breaking Bad, Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva & Much More. TV by the Numbers.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|